Rouhgly structured hay chaff has a positive effect on digestion because it promotes chewing. AGROBS has made use of this knowledge, not least in order to counteract the widespread overfeeding of horses with grain and resulting problems.
PRE ALPIN ASPERO is made up of over 60 different field grasses and herbs from Bavarian foothills of the Alps, which are harvested at the right moment in time and dried in a state-of-the-art warm air drying plant. We pay special attention to ensuring the right chaff length in order to produce an ideal structured feed, which is unique in terms of its many areas of useage.
Careful processing ensures that PRE ALPIN ASPERO, like all PRE ALPIN products, is rich in nutrients and vital substances and free of dust and mildew spores. It is therefore a high-qualitiy, clean alternative to hay or silage. As an energy-dense structural feed low in starch and sugar, it can be used to replace concentrated feed.
- with over 60 different field grasses and herbs
- free of dust and mildew
- rough-structure fiber
- low starch and fructan content
- free of molasses
AREA OF USAGE
- as basic feed (100 % hay substitute)
- to upgrade hay, silage and pasture
- for horses sensitive to dust
- as replacement or supplement for concentrated feed
- for horses that are very temperamental or exciteable
Aspero consists mainly of slow-to-digest carbohydrates. It releases energy slowly, ensuring that excitability/nervousness are not increased.
- for horses that need a lot of energy and receive large amounts of concentrated feed, as well as horses with high acidity
Thanks to its high energy density, Aspero can be used to replace grain in the ration. This relieves horses from large starch volumes and helps avoid hyperacidity.
- for horses that have to be fed a diet low in starch and sugar
Aspero consists exclusively of field grasses and herbs that have been dried using warm air, plus 2 percent cold-pressed linseed oil. No grain, molasses etc. are added. We also place great importance on ensuring low fructan content.
- to prolong feeding times
- for horses and ponies that receive only little manger fodder. When mixed with manger fodder, Aspero - thanks
to its substantial volume - increases the amount of manger fodder.
- for horses that gulp down their food
- in case of unrest and jealousy about food
- to stimulate the production of saliva
The rough structure forces the horse to feed more slowly and to moisten the manger fodder more thoroughly with saliva, which has positive effects on digestion. It also helps ensure balanced tooth abrasion and satisfies the need to chew. Unrest and jealousy about food are avoided.
- as replacement for basic feed: 1.2 to 1.5 kg per 100 kg ideal body weight, per day
- when upgrading basic feed: adapt amount to supply of basic feed. 1 kg PRE ALPIN ASPERO replaces 1 kg of hay. Moisten with water if required.
- as replacement: 1.2 kg PRE ALPIN ASPERO replaces about 1 kg of grain
Grasses and herbs, oil mixture cold-pressed (linseed oil, camelina oil)
|Precaec. dig. protein
|Oils and fat
digestible energy (GfE 2003)
||8,2 DE MJ / kg
metabolizable energy (GfE 2014)
||7,0 ME MJ / kg
Our Delivery Service:
We are a local business, so only offer local delivery. Your order is delivered FREE on our own vehicles if it is over £250.00. To place an order on this website you must be within 20 miles of our store - The Warehouse, Rolls Mill, Sturminster Newton DT10 2HP.
We are sorry but we don't ship outside our local delivery area, so if you live outside the 20 mile delivery radius, YOUR ONLY option is click & collect.